The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

There was a little "Merry" in Christmas

I realize my last post was a little negative but it had to be recorded so I can laugh about it next year and use it against myself when I want to travel home again. I also realized when I returned home that I hardly took any pictures. The ones I did take help me to remember that even though I was a walking zombie, I did have a lot of fun and so did the kids. Here's Sadie with Ruby and Andrew Olson.



My mom arranged for Santa to come to their home one afternoon before Christmas. It was so fun to have Santa all to ourselves. She planned to read to the kids and have Santa come in as a surprise. Sadie screamed when she saw him walk through the front door. It was just too exciting!!

However, sitting on his lap was not so exciting. Jack decided to all of a sudden have an opinion and cried the second he looked at that big white beard and glasses. Sadie didn't want to be "brave" anymore, but took one for the team. I love that she's holding Jack's hand to comfort him. I actually think it comforted her as well:-)


Christmas eve dinner at the kids table. I don't thing any of the kids really ate anything and I didn't really care at that point. Sadie and Ruby both have the "picky eaters" gene.

Sadie and Ruby played angels in our nativity. They danced all over the living room and thanks to Grandpa, they flew all over the living room too.


I love these pictures of all the kids waiting on the stairs Christmas morning. SO hard to wait!!!

Here's Jack opening his first ornament. Santa gave him a little bear with a bear suit because that's been his uniform these last two months. I just LOVE those cheeks!!


Sadie of course got Chick Hicks and King. You can imagine her excitement. We're all glad Santa received his letter at the North Pole.

No comments: