The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sadie times

Sadie's class has been practicing for their Christmas Pageant for some time now. It was fun to finally see the finished product. They sang all sorts of songs and Sadie was so fun to watch. I could barely see her mouth moving in some parts but at the end she presented me with a cute little ornament she made for our tree. It has her picture on it. Now the days begin when we accumulate the "kid ornaments." They are definitely my favorites. I usually reference back to my dad when I talk about trees and ornaments but being as picky as he is, I was always so proud that he hung up the putrid green ceramic heart I made in school. I think the heart has about 100 holes I punctured with a ball point pen. B...E...A...utiful!!!
I remember watching Monsters Inc. anticipating the day that my little girl would sing songs while sitting in a bathroom stall. Well folks...those days are here. Sadie sings all the time. Her song of choice is definitely Rudolf the red Nose Reindeer. She heard a silly version the other day and it has become her own. She starts off naming the reindeer in no particular order then instead of saying "but do you recall.....", she somehow altered it to "but do you desire..." She then sings a little rap.."ru ru Rudolph....ru ru Rudolph." I don't think we'll ever sing it any other way. She said "recall" the other day and it made me a little sad that she might be learning to sing it correctly.

Her other fascination is Volcanoes which she calls "Bocaboes." Even when I say it correctly, she corrects me with her pronunciation. When she is a very good girl we head down to the office and watch "bolcaboes" erupt on youtube. The other day she wanted to spell the word Tree and I told her to sound it out. She couldn't get passed the fact that tree started with the letter T because to her it is "Chree." She keeps asking me what letter says "ch" and even when I tell her it's a "t", she doesn't believe me. She then proceeds to tell me that I'm not telling the truth and that I'm on the "naughty list." This whole "nice and naughty" thing has gone completely out of control. I find myself on the naughty list for the simplest things like telling her she will have no dessert unless she eats her dinner...a constant battle in our home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: