The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, January 30, 2010

First Flakes

Every time we've played in the snow this winter it was usually when Jack was napping inside. Today we decided it was time for him to brave the storm. He loved it at first but after a while he got a little cold which we suspected would happen.

I loved watching the flakes hit his eyelashes. Can you imagine seeing snow for the first time? How fun to be a baby and have everything be a new adventure. Chase and I love watching Sadie and Jack experience their "firsts." It's like initially doing it all over again:-)






Who needs a snowmobile? I love that in these winter months we still use our California gear including our boogie boards. Chase had the brilliant idea to hitch the board to the back of the scooter and it worked swimmingly!! Don't worry, we drove like 2 miles an hour. Sadie LOVED it and we even gave Jack a little ride. For about an hour our poor scooter gave each of us a little excursion down the road and back. The speed bumps made for an exhilarating ride.






I know I probably brag too much about my kids but seriously...look at that face!!!! I am bursting!! I don't know how I can handle all this cuteness. I want to SQUEEZE him WAY too much and those cheeks drive me bonkers. I love my kids. God made them cute because he knows I struggle being a mom sometimes (who doesn't?). I find myself having a lot more patience with them as long as they're dazzling me with their bright eyes, rosy cheeks, and sweet sounds.

2 comments:

lbb said...

i Love Jack's hat and that sledding mechanism is pure genius! my kids would be in heaven!
i love that you call him "jack jack". we do too...
also, i'm totally a victim lately of "neutrals"...my whole wardrobe is going down the GREY shade! oh well. embrace it, i guess.
hope all is well!

Erin said...

You took such great pictures...That last picture needs to be over-nighted to Baby Gap!