The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Friday, December 21, 2012

No snow? No problem:-)


No snow for Christmas is still something I'm getting used to but there really isn't anything better than walking around to see Christmas lights and being warm at the same time!  I love seeing the lights at Temple Square but after living here for so many years I'm not sure these Texas bones could handle the low temperatures.  I made the kids wear all this cold weather gear and it all ended up piled in the stroller at the end of the night.  You can never be too careful when it's 60 degrees outside:-)
 
Texans love their light displays and there are too many to choose from so we ventured out to as many as we could.  The Guadalupe lights were hilarious as usual.  This year instead of a T-Rex breathing fire at one house, they hung a HUGE stocking with "Eddie" on it for Van Halen.  Next to the stocking was a makeshift stage out of raw wood hammered together with a bunch of mellow musicians playing their version of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer...jazz style with trumpet included.  I love it here!!

We went to Wimberly again this year and it was fun as always.  I love how quirky all the displays are.  There's nothing fancy about Austin.  It's weird and we love it!  George loved it too even though he didn't like posing for this particular picture:-)

Love my little family.  I could go anywhere with them and it would be fun! 

Only in Texas are shepherds replaced by cowboys and donkeys for a filly:-)
 

There's a lot of explaining to do when the Santa's don't all look the same.  I think we have one more year before Sadie starts to figure it all out:-)

We only waited in one line and it was to see Cinderella.  Of course her line was longer than Santa's.  Santa is old news the week before Christmas!

I feel like there is always an "exhausted kids" picture at the end of my posts.  We love to wear them out!!
 
 

No comments: