The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Monday, December 24, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree!


Time to pull out my Christmas sweaters!! There is a store in Austin that opens up in November just for the reselling of these lovely keepsakes.  Keeping Austin weird one sweater at a time:-)

Loved hearing all these beautiful children (especially the one in front:-) sing us some carols. 

Made my Christmas cookies and was determined to actually deliver them this year.  In years past I usually run out of time but this year would be different.  This was the only time this Christmas season I have really missed SLC.  Cookies should never be baked alone.  I longed for the Etherington kitchen with all my siblings around me stealing dough and decorating at the breakfast table.  Chase took the kids away that morning on errands to "give me a break" when all I really wanted was noise and more noise.  Like I said, cookies should never be baked alone.

Christmas eve we went over to the Hilton's home for some delicious food and even caroled around the piano.  It was awesome!!  We were pleased as punch to have carolers come to our house as well.  The Bench family sang so beautifully it made me cry.  The Scotts also came over the same night and I decided that when our kids are old enough to cooperate, the Cannons will set up their own singing telegram entourage as well.  It brings so much cheer and made my whole day!

After we got home from the party we spread our "reindeer food" and read some cozy Christmas books and the Christmas story...of course. 

We didn't forget to save some cookies for Santa.  We probably saved too many:-)

 
It's so fun playing Santa!!
 
 
 

No comments: