The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Baby Shower

I was so grateful to my buddies for throwing me this shower. It's always a special treat when you get a shower for a second child so I felt very spoiled. We had a couple of obstacles but overcame them swimmingly. The first obstacle was sending out the evite (a website I am starting to question). When Jess sent it out for some reason it copied the guest list more than once and ended up showing that 200+ people were invited. When I saw this I immediately thought "I hardly even know 30 people in Virginia let alone 200." I was worried that the girls would think I had stopped every woman on the streets to invite them to my shower. However, it was remedied in about three hours and we all had a good laugh. The second obstacle was where to have the shower. Erin offered her new home (just purchased and being painted) with the hopes that everything would be moved in and completed by the time the shower date arrived. I told her a million times that if she were feeling stressed, we should just postpone the shower or cancel it because her poor husband was over there every night till 5 a.m. painting the walls. Erin is too nice and told me the shower was going to happen. When the walls were still unpainted and the rain made an outdoor shower impossible, my cute visiting teacher Janine offered her home instead. I forgot to mention that my sister in law Cate offered her home as well but she lives about 45 minutes away. Once the location was set we were good to go. The shower was so fun. I had a great time talking to all the women from my ward and it was so fun to have my nieces Mary Jane and Grace there as well. Even my mother in law Connie was able to make it because she and Pops flew in for Chase's graduation. It was so much fun and I was definitely spoiled. Thank you to Erin, Jess, Cate, and Janine for the wonderful shower. I hope the obstacles didn't stress you out too much. I appreciate all the preparation that was done for me and the little man. Also thanks to everyone who came. Celebrating a new baby is the best...if only we could get him to come out.

1 comment:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Umm, could you be any cuter!!??