The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Month of "May"hem


It has been a VERY busy month. I am actually grateful for all the distractions because otherwise I'd be twiddling my fingers waiting for my water to break. Let me just review what's been going on these last couple of weeks. I'm actually surprised the stress hasn't popped this baby out.
1: Invasion of ants. Never seen anything like it. They were on my counter tops, in my refrigerator, and even made their way into my dishwasher. They showed up in places that didn't even have traces of food. Land lord came over to spray the house.
2: Getting Sadie's and baby's rooms ready. I have had Sadie's furniture for quite some time but was planning on painting it a different color. I had put it off for a nice weekend and decided to get it done the hottest weekend in May's history (I think). We painted all day Saturday and finally completed her big girl bed and dresser. I decided to keep her armoire a baby blue because it's cute and I had no energy left to paint another thing. We moved the guest bedroom from upstairs into the basement. We got the mattress down the stairs just fine but the box spring was wedged and had to be taken outside. I guess a 9 month pregnant woman is stronger than most people think because Chase and I totally hauled the monster out the front door and around to the back with a little back pain but very little effort:-) We then moved everything into it's place. Sadie's room was completed once her bedding arrived in the mail. It looks pretty cute and I LOVE the little guys room. So the upstairs is now officially done.
3: Water leak both in basement and bathroom upstairs. This included strange men walking all over my home with high powered fans, dehumidifiers, and muddy shoes. The leak happened on a Saturday which was kind of a relief because the men still had a week to clean the mess up in time for Sadie's birthday the next Saturday. Dry wall was put up, ceiling was painted, and walls were patched all in one day..hooray. Carpet was steamed on Friday for the final touch. Everything was done.
4: My poor friends the Mechams moved out of their home the same week and I had offered them the basement to keep them from inhaling paint fumes and chemicals from the cleaning of their new home. Little did I know that we would have our own paint fumes from the leak and repair scare. We were still able to have a couple of sleepovers and Sadie was in heaven. How fun to wake up and have her little buddy there to eat breakfast with. I had fun having my buddy there to eat breakfast with as well. Come anytime Erin, we loved having you. Sorry about the fumes.
5: Chase has finals week which means he's off duty for pretty much everything but still manages to give me hugs and take out the garbage a couple of times.
6: Put on Sadie's birthday party. I mentioned this before but these kind of events totally stress me out when they should just be a party. I went way overboard and just about collapsed, but it was a fun party and I'm glad we all survived.
7: The next Monday and Tuesday I hosted preschool. Monday afternoon I headed out to get flowers for Tuesday's project and while putting Sadie in the car I somehow must have pushed the lock button and accidentally locked her and the flowers inside. I could see my keys on the front seat just aching to be held. Sadie was able to reach the lock but couldn't figure out how to pull it up. She cried her eyes out and I did too because I was not only exhausted from hosting preschool with 6 kids but when you're prego, you just cry. I was actually pretty put together and very patient with Sadie trying to get her to pull the lock up but when I finally got a hold of Chase after a 1/2 and hour of trying to reach him (I could have been in labor for heavens sake), hearing his voice made me cry and I screamed at him for not having his phone with him at all times during these last few weeks of pregnancy. He called a locksmith but they didn't get there as fast as the fire department who opened the door and released my poor baby from bondage. I of course grabbed her and squeezed her for about ten full minutes while the two of us just cried. I told her over and over again how sorry I was and she kept saying "don't ever do it again Mommy." The firemen had front row seats to the dramatic scene as they were waiting to see my license and registration. They told me to "take my time." Obviously they have dealt with a full term pregnant mother reunited with her daugter after a lock down before. Sadie still talks about how the firemen "saved her" and we told all her friends about it the next day at preschool. The amazing thing is after the whole incident I still had the energy to go by a mattress for Sadie's new bed. Hooray for adrenaline.
8: Signed up for triple A.(AAA, just incase we lock Sadie in the car again:-)
9: Wednesday, my beloved buddy Jill arrived from Utah!! The movers weren't coming to her new home until Friday so she and Isabella stayed with us for a couple of nights. It was a blast. I forgot how much fun it is to stay up late talking with Jill. She was reunited with Behrad on Thursday night (he's been in FBI training for the last 4 1/2 months) and told me she completely lost it. Isabella totally remembered Daddy and Jill just cried tears of joy. He graduates from the program this next week and they will all be one happy family again. I am so glad Jill has come out here. Our girls play very well together which is great because we would have to force them to hang out because we're "bosom buddies":-)
10: Friday, took Jill to her darling new home in Arlington (old home with tons of charm and character) and after wards ran about a bazillion errands with Sadie still in her pajamas and princess dress. Ran home and cleaned house for next guests to arrive..the Cannons.
11: Friday night, pick Chase and Uncle Curtis up from the Metro station and head to Olive Garden for dinner with the Cannons. Detour to Trader Joe's to get thank you gifts for baby shower the next day. Can barely walk because of sciatic nerves but LOVED my dinner. Get home, waddled downstairs to get sheets out of the dryer for Jim and Connie's bed. Stayed up late talking and watching Sadie show off for Uncle Curtis and Grandparents.
12: Saturday,Baby shower!! Fun party to celebrate the little guy. Thanks again ladies. Played scrabble with Curtis and Chase when I got home. Dropped Curtis off at Metro station and headed to Lizzie Gardner's birthday party. Sadie hit Moriah and was warned that if she did it again we would go home. She did it again so we went home. Fun party, sad to leave, and sad to say goodbye to the Gardners.
13: Sunday, Chase's graduation. Headed to morning sacrament meeting and then to Georgetown for commencement ceremony. Laughed, cried, and reminisced over the last four years of school. So glad it's over!! Headed out to Cate's house for Sunday dinner. Yummy flank steak. Thanks Cate!! Sadie fell asleep in the car, wet her pants, and cried when we had to leave.
14: Monday, Etherington's arrive. Nick, Brooke, and baby Eloise make their way to D.C. for interviews with American University and William and Mary's business schools. Week of wonderful company, delicious food, and fun activities. Thanks for being my personal chef for a week Nick. (I say forget business school and head into the culinary arts. The boy's got talent.)
15: Only thing left to do is wait for the baby. I just realized that in the space of three weeks we had 8 guests stay in our home. My mom comes in one week and my dad the week after. It's great having all these distractions. I think I need to buy new sheets.

1 comment:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Whew, I'm tired now! I can't belive all that DIDDN'T put you in Labor girl. wow.