The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, October 30, 2010

First Day of School

Sadie started school a month later than the rest of Texas. We arrived mid September and it took me a few weeks to find a preschool that not only had space but came highly recommended from other women I met around town. I called the bishop's wife (only number I had at that point) and got some email addresses of women in the ward. I then contacted the RS president who gave me a few other names. We have 18 sunbeams in the ward and I figured it wouldn't be too hard to get her into a class with at least one of them. We found a GREAT school, really close to our home and she has a little friend from church in her class. They've already become bosom buddies.
We feel lucky to have gotten a spot in this school and they told me that if the economy wasn't so bad, they wouldn't normally have spaces left in October. Sadie filled the last slot. Lucky us!! It's nice to know that wherever we move we will always have the Mormon network to get us all settled.

Sadie LOVES her preschool. Her teacher calls her "Love Bug" or "darlin" and it's a warm, happy little classroom. She has already made a lot of fun little friends (none of which are male) and comes home with homework! Already?!
My favorite part of preschool is that I get to make her a lunch. She's there until 2 so they all eat in the cafeteria together. I always cut her sandwich into a heart (no crust, of course), and leave her a little note that's simple enough for her to read. I love that I can leave her little notes and send her a little love from home.
I love dropping her off because it gives me a much needed break from playing My Little Ponies but I also love picking her up 4 hours later because she's always so excited to see me. It feels so good love and be so loved! Motherhood is challenging, but I wouldn't trade it for a second if I had to give up those days I get to see her face light up when Jack and I walk in and watch her race across the room for a hug. I love my little Sadie and I love watching her have so much fun with her little buddies at school.

1 comment:

Angelica Hagman said...

These are such great pictures of Sadie, Abby! You do such a great job capturing your kiddos. She looks very excited...and she's wearing the cutest outfit ever! (from your mom's store maybe?)