The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, October 9, 2010

I'll never go back!!

They say once you've flown first class, you'll never want to fly coach again. Well, it's true. I used to be a silver medallion (thanks to the Children's Hour and all the buying trips) and then I got married. No more silver medallion. No more quick security line. No more hot towel. No more fully reclined seats. It's hard, but bearable... I suppose.
I could say the same thing about moving with actual movers and no U-Haul truck. The only difference is that I WILL NEVER GO BACK to packing it all myself. It will NEVER be bearable after the sweet experience of having someone do it ALL for you!! These heavenly men packed my entire house into boxes in a mere 4 hours!!! FOUR HOURS!!! It takes me weeks and weeks to pack everything. This is largely due to the fact that I'm a sentimental person and when I'm packing things I stop to look at pictures, old keepsakes, and baby clothes.
One day the packers came and the next day the movers came. They came on a HOT day too. Chase and I took pity on them and stuck some Gatorade in the freezer to cool. them off. They did NOT take four hours to pack the truck. in fact it took them ALL day because they had to keep stopping to take a break from the heat. It was a rough day for Cedric and his gang. We had it pretty rough too. Sadie hung out at Zoe's house (thanks again Martha!!) and Jack took a nice cool nap in the basement pack n' play and Chase and I sat and twiddled our thumbs. I guess my only complaint was that we were a little bored. We did help out a when they had questions or needed a certain tool to dissemble the beds. Best move ever!!
By the time the last box was moved onto the truck it was 6 p.m. (they woke us up at 7 a.m.) and we were all pretty tuckered out. The kids checked out as we drove out to the "Todd Hotel" for the last time. I think this last move makes it the sixth time we have crashed at the Todd's. They have no idea how grateful we are for all their love and support!! Oh, and once again we had another episode of vomit. Sadie ate WAY too many sweet potato fries at the restaurant that night and totally barfed all over me when I carried her slumbering body into the Todd's house that night. This move to Texas has sure involved a lot of puke!!

No comments: