The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Goodbye Virginia

Did I mention how easy it was to rent our house. I put a slide show of every room on Craig's list and got about 50 responses in two days!! After about 4 hours the first day, the Taylor family contacted us and asked if we were Mormon. In one of the pictures was a University of Utah diploma and some pictures of Christ. They put two and two together and figured that we were probably members of the Oakton Ward. They knew all of our friends and it turns out they were in our ward two years ago, moved to Kentucky, and wanted to move back into the ward. It was perfect!! I didn't have to show the house to anyone!! We put them in contact with our land lord and he took care of the rest. We were responsible for finding someone to fulfill our lease agreement and it was so easy!! I love being a Mormon!
I also really loved that town house. When everything was packed up, moved out and cleaned I got a little sad that we had to leave. So many memories in that house. I definitely felt the itch that it was time to leave but we had some good times Virginia. It is also very sad to be leaving the Cannons and the Todds. It has been so great to have family so close. When Chase drove off with Ben (yes, Ben came along for the drive to Texas. What would we do with out Ben?) it got very emotional and I dreaded the day that I would have to say goodbye to our family!!
As I was packing all of our stuff in the car to go to the airport I walked around to say goodbye to all the Todd chiddlers. I couldn't even speak!! I was an emotional basket case. I just love them all so much and I already miss them to pieces. Saying goodbye to Cate at the airport just about did me in. These moment take a serious toll on my heart. Ouch! I hate saying goodbye. We love you all!! Virginia, it's been real. Keep it classy!

No comments: