The Cannon Family

The Cannon Family

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lion King

Mom and Dad took Sadie and me to the Lion King at Capitol Theatre. I've heard fantastic reviews about the costumes, music, and energy and I wasn't disappointed. This was Sadie's first Broadway play!! She was so excited all day that I couldn't get her to take a nap so when the show started at 7:30 I worried she was going to fall asleep any minute. Not so! Sadie eyes were glued to the stage and loved every minute of the show. There was a little boy sitting behind us that got so excited he vomited all over the floor below his seat.

If you watch 30 Rock you'll know how funny this is, even if it did trickle down to our bags in front. I thought this extreme behavior was only one of Tina Fey's imaginative comedy quirks. But I guess when presented with something so delightful, little stomachs just can't handle the excitement and young boys like Alex Baldwin do in fact throw up.

I loved watching Sadie's face during the show. Her expression was entertainment in of itself! Her eyes lit up at every opportunity and there was a slight smile on her face the entire time. There was however a certain hyena that scared the dickens out of sweet Sadie when he walked down the isle and roared his ghoulish laugh in her face. Sadie screamed louder than any animal in the theatre and resorted to sitting on Mimi's lap any time the animals decided to use the isles again. I was so proud of her for staying awake even if she did check out in the car. What an fun evening with Mimi and Grandpa. With a little help from that hyena, I'm sure she'll remember this magical night forever.

No comments: